The Spurs Retire Tony Parker’s Jersey
The Spurs have retired Tony Parker’s jersey. The 17 season veteran of the Spurs and sure-fire Hall of Famer was joined by his family and several Spurs teammates as his number 9 jersey was raised in AT&T Center on Monday night. Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan, who have also had their jerseys retired, gave speeches to commemorate their teammate.
Here are some quick facts about Tony Parker.
- Selected in the first round (28th overall) by the Spurs in the 2001 NBA Draft
- Played in 1,254 regular-season games (17 seasons with the Spurs)
- Also played in 226 playoff games and averaged 17.9 points, 5.1 assists, and 2.9 rebounds in those games!
- Named MVP of the 2007 Finals
- San Antonio’s all-time leader in assists with 6,829
- Made six All-Star teams as a member of the Spurs